Friday, July 27, 2007

So long, Farewell, ...(um, I don't know how to spell the rest of the song)



Can you see us??? These our are new beds for a couple of weeks. You take what you can get here!



Well, I don't really have anything too exciting to blog about right now, but wanted to touch base before I check out for a few weeks. Right now, we're hanging out in our flat waiting for the volunteer team from America to arrive. They're coming from Arkansas and are here for a little over a week to help out with a camp for high school students. We're leaving tomorrow for the camp and will be MIA for the week. Then, after a quick night back here in Olsztyn next Saturday, we head to Warsaw where we'll say good-bye to the team and I'll meet my parents! They're heading in on the 6th, then we'll hang out for the week until they leave on the 13th. Then, right after they leave on the 13th I'll head out, with Amber, to a little town near here to spend the week helping out with a mini-crusade-ish-type-thing. Phew! It's definitely going to be an action packed few weeks, but I'm looking forward to some good times.

Like I said, other than that, there's nothing too exciting going on here right now. I'm sure I'll have more to post after the next three wild weeks. But, before I go, I have to share about one of the best books I've ever read. Now, I'm not an avid reader, by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy a good book. And this is one amazing book. It's called Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers and I think every female checking out this post should read it. It's amazing. It's a big 'un (about 400 pages) but I read it in no time at all. The only warning is that you should be ready to be up really late reading, because once you pick it up it's really hard to put it back down and actually go to sleep. I think it would be an awesome book to read in a book club type thing (not that I've ever actually been a part of one of those, but they sound fun!). So, there's my two cents for the day =) But seriously, if anyone is looking for an amazing book to read, go find this one!
Well, I'm off to go finish packing. I'll check back with you all in three weeks! So long!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess!
Thanks for the post & the book tip. Lately I've been reading more for enjoyment to replace hours of vegging in front of the tube. There are several ladies at LCC who have libraries full of books I can borrow...yeah! I will find out if either has Redeeming Love. Gosh, it's great news that your parents are coming for a visit. We are missing you (especially) since this week if VBS. I'll save all the particulars from that for an e-mail; however, you might be happy to know that the young ladies from Tecumseh Pl. are back again this year & bringing friends! If you haven't e-mailed with Brandi in a while, you may want to contact her about the pie in the face story. Love ya g/f & pray for you often.

Anonymous said...

I am sure your next 3 weeks will be full of activities and memories! Have a great week with your Mom and Dad :)

Anonymous said...

400 pages? Sounds like a trans-atlantic plane trip to me. Several women have recommended "The Glass Cathedral", but I haven't seen it at Drug Mart or the library! I hope you'll be a happy camper. Talk to you next weekend, then see ya' real soon! Why? Because we love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,
I am sitting at "vacation land" visiting wth your parents and your mother logged me in. WOW....I cannot believe all that you have been doing. I can tell from your writings that you really love what you are doing. Your parents are SO excited about seeing you...I think more now than when you went to college (and we know how tough that was).
All is well in Dumski-land. Lauren is about to start year 2 teaching in West Palm Beach. She loves the school and the weather, but not crazy about West Palm. She definitely does not want to return to snow, so we will see where her wings land. Bryan lives in Cleveland and is an electrician. He is doing well...broke up with someone after 4 years. It was a good thing as they did not bring out the best in each other. Larry has been well....he loves the summer so he can be outside. He is so tan and I am pale as ever. I started grad school in Aug. 06. Have been taking 6 credits per semester. Working on a masters in non-profit administration. I am the oldest in the class...so it is true that you can teach an old dog new tricks! Hope to graduate at the end of summer 08.
Well...we are going to eat. I am the slacker while the others are cooking. I hope that you have a blast with the "folks" and show them the sites.
Sending lots of love,
Helen

Jill said...

Hey there! I'm always on the hunt for a good book, so I'll have to check it out. I'm so excited for you to have your mom and dad come. Have a great time, and share lots of photos with us when you have time! By the time you return to bloggerville, I'll probably be back at work. **Sigh**

~Lori said...

Have a great 3 weeks! I'll be looking forward to hearing about your adventures. =)

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear all about the next few weeks! I don't always have time to post comments, but I love checking out your blog! Thanks for the tip on the book - I will be sure to check it out! Enjoy!
Kara