Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Gdansk

This past weekend, Amber, Patsy, and I decided to take a little trip to celebrate being finished with our language classes and just to get away and see another part of Poland. We caught the train Friday afternoon and headed up north to Gdansk, a town near the Baltic Sea. We stayed in Gdansk Friday and Saturday night, but spent the day Saturday in Sopot, a town a little farther north and right on the Baltic. We had a great time and enjoyed walking through the old town, walking down by the river, seeing lots of boats!!, eating good food, eating ice cream, sitting and relaxing and drinking coffee, buying amber jewelry, sticking our toes in the sand and frigid Baltic sea, and just enjoying a nice weekend! So, here are a few pictures from our weekend trip. Surprise, surprise...I once again am having trouble moving these things around, so here's the rundown: Amber and I in old town Gdansk, a picture of the river running through Gdansk, boats at the harbor, my toes in the Baltic Sea, and yes, you see correctly...Sea Doos!!!!!!! I was tempted to go beg and plead for a ride, but held myself back...I didn't know how to say "I'll be your best friend forever if you'll just give me a ride on your Sea Doo" in Polish...a lot of good those language classes did! =)



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful scenery! Your side trips are awesome:)Reading your bloggs is better than watching the Travel channel.

Anonymous said...

What great pictures of a beautiful country. I can see why you love it. Glad you got to enjoy the water. Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

Which is colder - Lake Michigan or Baltic Sea? I saw our sea doo on the 5th, but didn't rife it. Must be getting old. It misses you.