Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Beyond Random

I know I just got finished posting an entry today, but these were a few random shots I wanted to share that really have no meaning whatsoever. Enjoy!
I saw this store in Old Town Gdansk and thought for a moment that I was back in Huron! Believe it or not, this isn't the first IGA I've seen in Poland. There's a tiny one here in Olsztyn and I've seen one in Mikolajki, where we had our meetings back in April!
I don't know if you can read this sign, but it's advertising an upcoming Jethro Tull concert. Now, I know I've been out of the states for six months, but I honestly wasn't aware that there was still a big Jethro Tull following, which is sad. I mean, how much better does it get than a rock band whose lead singer plays the flute? Apparently, the Poles see it this way too!
And, last but not least, you may think that the funny thing about this photo is Amber's cheesy thumbs up sign, or even the two people in the background drinking Cola Light (the Polish version of Diet Coke), but no...does anyone else think that it might be Bono behind Patsy in the sunglasses???? Maybe he found what he was looking for in Sopot.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe that's like the Moody Blues playing at the Toledo Zoo. Does the IGA have broasted chicken and mac. salad?

Glenn and Cile said...

I envy your trips out of Olstyn. They sound like so much fun, and lots of good "r & r". When are you coming to Budapest????

~Lori said...

Hello! Awesome pictures! I really like the one below of your feet in the water. I always take pictures of my feet places too, I don't really know why....
I'm thinking that probably IS Bono. good celebrity sighting!
Also, I've noticed you keep showing up in these pictures with cute purses. I'm thinking I may have to venture to Poland to do a little shopping?