Saturday, August 18, 2007

Tour De Poland 2007

Well, I've officially completed the Tour De Poland 2007. It was about a year ago this time that I was on the Tour De Western Ohio. Things sure have changed in a year!
Anyhoo...the Tour '07 is in the books and, as usual, what an amazing thing it is to be a part of the things God is doing among us.
In case you missed it, here is the '07 touring schedule:
July 27--volunteer team from Arkansas arrives; meet team in the evening and head out into Old Town Olsztyn for dinner
July 28-Aug. 4--youth camp in a little village about an hour away
Aug. 4--return to Olsztyn and have dinner at the Stevenson's house
Aug. 5--leave for Warsaw; Amber and I took an early train and met her family at the airport, then I met up with the volunteer team and Patsy and spent the evening in Old Town Warsaw
Aug. 6--touring Warsaw with the volunteer team; Patsy and I played tour guides; my parents arrived!!
Aug. 7--get the volunteer team to the airport, then leave with my parents for Krakow
Aug. 8--Krakow
Aug. 9--return to Warsaw
Aug. 10--Warsaw
Aug. 11--on to Olsztyn and Ethan's birthday party at the Intemann's house
Aug. 12--Olsztyn
Aug. 13--my parents boarded a train and headed back to Warsaw where they stayed for the night, then flew over the pond on the 14th; I spent the day doing laundry and taking off my acrylic nails
Aug. 14--Amber and I head out to Olsztynek to be a part of a week of outreach in this little town
Aug. 15-17--Olsztynek
Aug. 18--slept in 'til 10 and enjoying the day in my own home

Phew! There it is. That's the last three weeks in a nutshell. I'm going to post something about each adventure in a seperate post, but I will just say that it was a time filled with meeting new people, ups and downs, lots of learning about the Polish culture, and about trusting the Lord for each day...not worrying or fretting about days to come. It was a wonderful experience, but I'm glad to be home for a while!

No comments: