Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Floridays

So, just in case there is any one person still remaining in the world who actually checks this thing, here is a little "catch up" on what's been going on since I returned to the west side of the pond! I know it's been three weeks, so I apologize that it's been so long and thank you SO much for those of you who have asked how I'm doing, what I'm up to and prayed for this transition. It surely hasn't been easy, so thank you and please keep praying!


I returned to the states on Tuesday October 28th, to see my parents waiting with sheer joy and excitement at baggage claim at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport. It was a good sight. My little legs couldn't carry me fast enough down the corridor to baggage claim! Anyhoo, on Thursday, my parents and brother and I headed to Florida for a few days to unwind and spend time together before everyone runs off to work and whatnot. It was FABULOUS! And, as is usual if you know my family, we created quite a few memories. Let's just say that we started calling ourselves the "Griswolds". If you've ever seen the National Lampoon's movies, this should give you a feel for the kinds of things that happened. I wouldn't have it any other way! We laid on the beach, collected shells, Kyle fished, ate good seafood, played cards (my dad and I were victorious, I might add!), and just generally enjoyed being together and relaxing.


Here are a few of my favorite photos from the trip. I should also mention that we stayed at an over-55 only mobile home retirement community. All I'm saying is that I'm pretty much ready to be 55 and retire to Florida and get a golf cart.







This was a quiet little beach that my dad and I rode our bikes to. My mom and Kyle had to get back to work, so they left Monday, while my dad and I stayed until Tuesday. This quiet little beach had TONS of different little animals swimming and crawling around. We had fun just exploring.

I hate to say it (for my fellow Ohioans anyways), but this was my view from my beach blanket in late October/early November. A girl could get used to that.


Ok, so this is a pelican. I took this picture before I knew how closely intertwined (literally) my family would soon become with a pelican. These guys are pretty big and really tame. They were just walking all over this pier where Kyle was fishing. Ask him sometime about his pelican fishing adventure. I think enough time has passed that he'll laugh about it and tell you a great story. I think.




Kyle and my dad "talkin' fish". This was right before the above-mentioned pelican incident. Seriously, ask him sometime. It's classic and goes right along with the "Griswold" thing.




My mom and dad and I went on a little walk one morning. We were scoping out the "retirement villa" and were on our way to see one of the pools, when a kind lady told us about this bridge and the alligator that lives there. We looked for Al the whole time we were there, but as far as I know, no luck. Maybe next time we can have a run-in with a big, scary, meat eating alligator--if we're lucky!
As I said, my dad and I returned on Tuesday evening, and the following Friday I headed down to Dayton to see some girlfriends from college and go to a bridal shower for one of them on Saturday. It was so great to see these girls again and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them at the wedding in a couple of weeks! I trekked from Dayton to Urbana to visit family and had another great reunion. I got to visit with my grandma, aunt and uncle, cousins and their adorable kids! It was great to see them and I'm glad I didn't have to wait until Thanksgiving to see them.
Well, I think I'll end this "quick" update here and add some more in another post!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great new look! God Bless the red, white, and blue. you didn't tell me you added. I hope Cel(? and Glen check this out.