Monday, October 13, 2008

Ole!

Last Tuesday night, we had Ala and Nina over for Mexican night! We dined on fajitas, burritos, chips, refried beans, and salsa. All topped off with a nice pecan pie. I know...who eats pecan pie with Mexican food???? Girls who have pecans to use before they leave in two weeks. That's who.
Anyhoo, we were very cautious to not make anything too spicy, but like a trooper, Nina added jalapenos AND hot sauce to her fajita! Atta girl!
It's always so much fun to have these girls over, and I'll admit it got a little emotional at one point in the evening. However, we hung out with them this afternoon for a bit, and are making plans to see them at least one more time. I really can't put into words how strange it feels to be leaving here. I don't think I ever really thought it would happen. And, here it is, time to pack and say goodbye. Please continue to pray for Ala and Nina, that their eyes and hearts would be opened to see Jesus and grow to know His love for them and love Him more and more. Also, please pray for Amber and I as we wrap things up here. Please pray for the transition and how to end well. It sure isn't going to be easy to leave these people (especially these girls!) or this place =) Thank you!

Ala and Nina serving themselves some Mexican! They really liked the refried beans. I really liked it ALL!

Amber, Ala, me, Nina on our mini-couch

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I beat your mom again!!
The first to comment--although I have nothing to say except I cant wait to see you, and finish this leg of your race well, I know you will--Love Ya, Teresa--

Anonymous said...

Ha! My first thought when I went to comment was,"I wonder who beat me?" Darn that job!! Anyhoo, does this mean I can put you down for a pecan pie for Thanksgiving? We may have to skip the refried beans, though. While we're praying for all of you, I'm sure we won't be alone in praying for safe travels for you 3.

Amy Covey said...

Mexican and pecan pie? Interesting combination...but it sounds declicious. We'll be thinking about you during the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

I never thought of those together but it sounds like a winner. I love both. We will be praying for all of you as you say goodbye, leave friends, and travel. Looking forward to seeing you. Aunt Jenni

Glenn and Cile said...

Hey! Do you think now that you are back in America that you can cut us off, those of us that have been following you these past two years???? UPDATE! We want to know how you are doing, how the adjustment is going, and what is strange, difficult, frustrating, etc. for you as you become American again. WE MISS YOU!