Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ohio Days

Well, apparently I'm in the blogging mood today, because I'm going for two posts in one day! So, to pick up where I left off...since I returned from Florida and visiting friends and family, I've been here in Huron, Ohio, where I lived before heading over to Poland. I'm back in my little cottage, so it's really strange. Some nights, I lay in bed and think "was that all real? Did I really live in Poland for two years?" It's that weird feeling of everything feels the same, yet it all seems so different too.
Anyhoo, I've been spending my time still visiting people and getting settled, as well as starting to work on a job search. I've applied to a few pre-school programs and am waiting to hear about some positions open. I don't really have a long range plan at this point, just to get a job for the next few months and go from there. I read this the other morning and it brought me comfort as I wait on the Lord:
"Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed." Psalm 139:16
Even though I have no idea what's going on, I'm going to believe that the Lord does!

So, meanwhile, while I have a little free time on my hands, I've been just trying to enjoy the rest that the Lord has provided in this time. Today, after walking down to my parent's house to put away some thawing meat (that's the luxury of living down the street from one another!), I bundled up and headed down to the beach and tried to take a few pictures. But, as with most things in nature, a photo just absolutely doesn't do God's creation justice. It was amazing. And, yes, I do understand that not everyone finds beauty in the muddy brown, cold waters of Lake Erie, but for whatever reason, I just love it and find it absolutely beautiful. We've had cold weather and a little bit of snow over the past few days and I'm even loving that. Of course, I loved laying on the beach in Florida, but I am also enjoying the approaching winter here in Ohio. There's a different kind of beauty to winter, but beauty nonetheless. And add in there a strong northwest wind and a stirred up lake...well, here are a few weak attempts to capture it.


The Huron Lighthouse (although, to keep it real here, I must add that this isn't really much of a lighthouse. I was with some friends coming in one really rough night and we didn't see the "lighthouse" until we were pretty much right next to it. It wasn't exactly the beacon of hope, guiding us safely to shore, that I had always romantically dreamed it would be. Oh well!)


This buoy got washed ashore sometime and is just waiting in the grass until next summer.







7 comments:

Julie said...

I'm reading Jess, welcome back!

Anonymous said...

I've been checking every week and here you are again. Good to have you back and great pictures of both beaches. I myself prefer the warmer one. Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

It's about time we hear something from you!! Good to know you weren't taken away by aliens as to the reason you haven't posted!

Anonymous said...

Oops, that was me in the previous comment.
Laura

Anonymous said...

Good, you have comments. I was starting to feel sorry for you.

Anonymous said...

Keep blogging! I have mastered blogg checks and need some time to figure out facebook and the walls. Right now I enter facebook as "Tom" :) Your room will be ready anytime you can get back to Urbana! See you on Thanskgiving. Aunt Barb

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that comment Barb. I just got onto Facebook and don't have much of a clue what to do. I prefer what I can do--blogs. Jenni