Saturday, October 04, 2008

I just really can't think of a title here!

So, here's another quick little update of things going on around Northeast Poland...which will only be my home for about another 3 weeks and is CRAZY! Anyhoo...here are some pictures of what we've been up to.


This is our language partner, Bozena. We have met with her off and on for about a year and spend some time practicing her english and our Polish. It's always nice to spend time with her in her home. We got to visit with her for a while last week and I got to give her a pair of my grandma Davis's world-famous baby booties for the little baby girl she's expecting in November!
This past Thursday, Bailey, Amber and I went out to our friend Agnieszka's school to help with European Languages Day! (don't tell...but we were there under the cover of British English!). Agnieszka teaches english there and we got to visit several classrooms and were pretty impressed by the english skills of these kids.
And, last but not least, a little picture of Amber and me in a special place doing something pretty special. More details to come.... =)
*and, yes, in answer to some questions, I did get a haircut! A couple of weekends ago, we were in Riga, Latvia for a retreat. There was a small group of Americans that came to help, and this group included an awesome hair stylist who was giving free haircuts! He also chose two random people for a make-over (where he has free reign to do what he wants to the hair) and I was one of them! He cut off several inches and it feels SO much better. He also showed me a picture of his daughter whose hair color is similar to mine, with dark black streaks in the front. I opted out on that one and, thankfully, he didn't have any hair color with him! (it actually looked pretty cool, but I just don't think I'm the black streak type!). So, that's the hair story. And check back soon for the rest of the story about the picture above!

2 comments:

Jill said...

The haircut looks great! And by peeking onto your brother's facebook page, I have a pretty good idea of what that last photo is about! :)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I didn't know the stylist was American, and I have to say I'm really glad you didn't go with the black streaks. Thanks for including the pix. Bozena is very pretty and does look quite young, and you look marvelous!!