Sunday, March 04, 2007

Panera in Poland???


Well, I will honestly say that they weren't quite Panera, but our homemade bagels were pretty tasty! They were a bit of work, but a good Saturday afternoon activity. Did you know that you boil bagels before you cook them? Who knew?! And, do you notice the Philadelphia Cream Cheese we found here topping the bagel, as well as one of my Polish pottery coffee cups. Too bad Amber's mom found "genuine made in Poland" pottery at her TJ Maxx. I guess you really do get the "max for the mimimumski". My next goal is to try to find some good coffee-drink recipes on-line. The word on the street is that the Starbucks head-honchos are talking about expanding Starbucks to Europe. Bring it on.

6 comments:

Amy Covey said...

Wow...impressive. I have do admit that yes, I did know you had to boil bagles before baking them. I actually made them once. They were a little too chewy for me though. LOVE the polish pottery! Hmmm...I think I could really do well taking a trip to Poland - lots of photos and pottery. :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I also knew you boil them first, BUT I never tried it. That falls in the category of "too much like work".Those are very impressive mugs. Were the plates furnished? Also, I noticed that PBS has programs about Poland this week(Sat. afternoon). One is on famous Polish Americans, and the other is the music and dance of Poland. Is there some sort of national holiday?
We missed our visit today, but we'll be around after school tomorrow. Hope it works then. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I never knew how to make bagels. I guess I still don't. (And why should I, when I work just down the street from both Panera AND Tim Hortons?!)
They look yummy! Very impressive. I'm also loving the pottery, especially the mug. I guess I should go check out TJ Maxx, huh?

~Lori

Anonymous said...

I knew about making bagels because I took my preschool class one year to tour Brueggers. I also see no need to make them from scratch since I have many places to buy them nearby. And I still love the pottery--it would be great in my new kitchen. Maybe I will check out TJM too. Aunt Jenni

Lisa said...

I will teach you polka when you come back. Or maybe we'll just do some DDR, but either way we'll dance.

Jill said...

Is polish pottery over there like special, or is it equivalent to my cheap target dishes? It just looks so cool to us, but wondering if it's cheap and that's what everyone uses there daily.