Wednesday, March 14, 2007




Do you like the new look? Our internet is being fishy again tonight, but for some reason I'm able to get to my blog dashboard, so I got to playing around and...voila!

I've got good news!!! It looks like we have a place to meet with college students and are going into Ella's classroom this Friday to invite them! Praise God! We found a room on the top floor of a building that we can use on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons and evenings for a very cheap price. It's actually a room used for physical therapy, but put up a few chairs and tables and a dry erase board and you've got a multi-functional classroom that you can make some profit from in off hours! I love it! This is definitely exciting news. Please pray for the students we'll be talking to on Friday, that they'd be interested and drawn to attend. We're also telling them to invite their friends, so please pray that the Lord would make any connections there too. This is definitely all new to me and maybe that's part of the great (in an uncomfortable kind of way) thing about doing ministry overseas...it's a continual "new step" of throwing yourself out there and trusting that God is faithful, He hears our prayers, He sees our situations, and cares about our needs. He promises to always be with us and never leave us. There's a continual choice to walk by faith or walk by what seems possible and what seems right and what seems logical (there's also a continual storehouse of grace and forgiveness when I have made the choice to NOT walk by faith). I was reminded today of the verse that says "It is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that there is a God and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him." (Hebrews 11:6). I guess that says it pretty clearly...walking with God means walking by faith, but the rewards will be sweet!

In other slightly more shallow news...I got new shoes yesterday! I even asked for my size (a petite size 39) in Polish and she understood. Also, I'm putting some pictures on here that are a salute to the new blog look. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great news about the meeting room!
Next step ... people:)Beautiful water pictures! Gotta run ... off to school. Aunt Barb

Brenda said...

I assume these photos are NOT from Poland? I am not a geography buff but this looks nothing like your other photos.

Amy Covey said...

Great news about the meeting place...and the shoes!! :) Love the new look (although the first photo threw me off for a little bit...I just wasn't sure there were piers like that in Poland.)

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed the photos. What is the first one? The other two I recognized but where is the pier? Congrats on the meeting room. Will be praying for many new friends. So what is our equivalent to a P-39 shoe? Sent a card from Texas yesterday--hopefully it makes it to you soon. Aunt Jenni

Anonymous said...

I'm reading this on Friday, and it's 6:30 p.m there. (I'm at home waiting to go to dr. in Mansfield.) That means you already had the class. That's fantastic news, and I'm anxious to hear how it went!! I like your new site, but I thought you'd throw people off with those pix, esp. the first. I'm glad to see you haven't forgotten your roots. xoxo

Jill said...

Size 39? And I thought my feet were big! At first I thought that was in CM, but that's still too big. I'm so glad to have blogs and internet to keep up with what you are doing over there!

Mica Lynn said...

Hey lovely lady...I was ust thinking of you and found your page I need your e-mail..and I love your updates they are so encouraging...I miss seeing you at FPO and the peanut butter..mmmm...love ya from Africa, Mica