Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Axl Rose in Poland!?!?!

The first time I noticed this guitar was about a month ago in Jemiolowo. We walked in one wintry, cold afternoon and some of the kids were playing around with this guitar. They looked like they were having fun, so Marcin jumped in with his own efforts on the guitar.

I didn't really think much about it, and the guitar resurfaced here and there over the past month or two, until we walked into the meeting room this past week and I caught one of the girls strumming a little ditty. Well, as well as she could strum with several of her fingers wrapped up in a bandage.

The big surprise came as I peeked closer at the guitar. I looked closer and, lo and behold, there was Axl Rose staring back at me on the guitar! I mean, if that wasn't a photo op I don't know what is! So, while this is a totally meaningless and pointless post, enjoy a few photos of the Jemiolowo Axl Rose Guitar...I mean, you just don't see one of those every day.











4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not quite like the guitar K used to have. Did you try your skills? You've still got 7 months to practice. Freebird!!

Anonymous said...

Why should a heavily bandaged hand stop the music? cute pic!
Aunt Barb

~Lori said...

Sweet. Every Rose Has it's Thorn....

Anonymous said...

Hello my long lost friend--speaking of the Axl guy--not foley, the rose one--My son Tim is learning to play guitar--He knows Layla, Iron man, and sweet child of mine---all I hear all day is the annoying licks from the beginning of each--never the entire song--just the cool lead lines--over and over, and then again over, over, I am sure Stairway to Heaven is around the corner. CALL me SOMETIME Love Ya, Teresa