Monday, September 10, 2007

Tour De Pologne 2007

The girly-girls having a little pre-race fun.

These pictures show you how close the racers came to us. It was awesome to see. You could literally feel the wind from the pack as they went by.
Having said that, I know these guys are some serious athletes. And I respect them for that. But really...as if wearing spandex isn't bad enough...which sponsor chose pink spandex for these poor guys? Really. It's hard to look manly in pink spandex.


This top picture doesn't do this race justice at all. To see all of the racers together was really amazing.

And, last but not least, this is what happens when you are a foreigner and accidentally make eye contact with a clown on stilts. He comes over, grabs a chunk of your hair and ties a balloon in it. Let this be a lesson for anyone else planning to travel abroad...never make eye contact with a clown on stilts. Remember that.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess now Kyle will NEVER go to a foreign country. Those are some great pix. Whose team was in the pink? Was that your homeboys? How cold was it?

Jill said...

So are Polish clowns any different from American ones? Sorry I've been M.I.A. from your blog (that's so weird to say now that my daughter's name is MIA!) I've been a reader, but not commenting, as returning to teaching has overrun my time and sucked any spare energy out of my body. I'm sure you don't miss this part of back to school! Cool balloon hat thingie. Did you have some crazy static hair from it? (I'm sure you used to rub balloons on your head to make your hair stick up too, right??)

~Lori said...

Ok, forget the balloons...are you wearing a SCARF? Is it really that cold? Do we need to send you some Carharts to survive the 'real' winter? :) I bet those would look great w/ Fat Baby Boots.

A Fresh Wind Children's Ministry said...

Yes, you see correctly...that is indeed a scarf! It is definitely cold here...think late October, Ohio style.
Cardharts might not be a bad idea...

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica... I've actually become quite the avid cyclist so it was really nice to read your blog entry. Luckily, the warm weather in Florida is conducive to year-round cycling! On Saturdays and Sundays, I have progressed to cycling 40 miles each day. I am training to compete in a century ride (100 miles) at the end of November. I may come in last, but at least I'm counting on finishing. Your blog is extremely entertaining. I wish they had these when I was younger! Kochajacy, Leslie (P.S. - The online Polish translator indicated that Kochajacy meant "With Love." I'm not sure if it's accurate!)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, it's Christine.

I like your scarf. I think that we tend to underestimate the value of men in pink spandex. Apolegies for this completely pointless note. ttyl and GOD BLESS.

Christine of Canton.